Thursday, May 24, 2007

weak, weak, weak

So it looks like the Democrats have blinked after all.

I'm disappointed, but certainly not surprised.

You know, just once I'd like to see the Democrats, as a whole, at least try to go down swinging.

Yeah, we've got some brave souls (I'm looking at you Feingold) who are at least out there standing up for what they believe, but their backbone gets lost in all the moral flab and cowardice of the rest of the wishy washy, faux-centrist, compromising gang.

This is a speech I'd like to hear from a Democrat:

"I oppose this war, and am not going to support it for one more minute. I don't care if stopping this war costs me my office. I can always find new work, but America can never recover the blood and treasure that we pour into that quagmire. If I lose my seat, but save more American lives, it will be worth it."

Please.

No comments: